home > Paper models > Models of Buildings > Monastery

Abbey Maria Laach

Abbey Maria Laach

Manufacturer
Code
SB578 EAN: 9783870295783
Scale
 
Difficulty
-
In Stock: 1 ks

Paper model will be delivered to a shipping service has been printed (or collect it in person to our office). Models are printed on high quality heavy paper and are printed at a professional level, using the most modern offset printing or laser printers.
$12.2 with VAT

$12.2 Quantity:

DescriptionParametersAlternatives (5)Score (0)Comments (0)

The name Maria Laach is derived from Abbatia S. Mariae ad Lacum (abbey of Holy Mary by the lake, simplified as “Laach”) as the monastery used to be called in Latin. Maria Laach was founded in 1093 by count palatine Heinrich II of Luxemburg-Gleiberg. He donated his possessions for the formation of Benedictine order. The count died only two years later, his work was continued by his wife, countess palatine Adelheid. Heinrich II burial chamber was restored and can now be seen inside the church. 1802 the abbey was closed due to secularisation. In 1855 a fire consumed most of the buildings. In 1863 German Jesuits built their Collegium Maximum here and in 1892 Benedictine monks returned. They work in the abbey to this day. Several times a day the monks gather for prayer in the black robes of their order.

Back
Manufacturers
NEWSLETTER
Tell someone you know about this product.