Since the Middle ages the rich development of the present romantic building has been connected with the important house of Liechtenstein ho were using Lednice for representative purposes since 18th century. Therefore the appearance of the chateau changed according to the actual dominant architectural styles.
Today’s appearance of the Lednice chateau is the result of the reconstruction during 1846-1858 in the style of the English Gothic Revival. The author of the reconstruction was Jiri Wingelmuller. From the Baroque period of the chateau’s history there comes the building of the riding hall from the end of the 17th century by architect J.B. Fischer of Erlach.
The rooms open to public on the ground floor excel with the richness of woodcarving. In 1995 the guided tour was augmented by a new part. It is the private apartment used by princess Francisca of Liechtenstein until her death in 1881; she was the wi