The Prague Steamship Company and its predecessors operated river steamers since the 19th century. On the turn of the 30's, and 40's of the 20th century, within the scope of modernization of their fleet, beside motor boats, it had four large paddle steamers built.
Vltava paddle steamer was one of them. It is 53 m long, 5.1 m wide; it was launched in 1940. With an exception of years 1942-45, when it was renamed to Moldau, it has been operating under its original name. In 1960 it was modernised and supplemented with a superstructure. During a total reconstruction (1991) it was rebuilt to a parlour restaurant steamer, and the steam engine was reconstructed from coal to fuel oil propulsion. The original maximum seat capacity was 650, the contemporary capacity including the sun parlour is 200 seats. At present, the steamer is under a full-scale reconstruction. At the moment, on the Vysehrad