The chateau in Troja is a vast, significant, baroque structure built in the years 1679 through 1685 by architect Jan Mathey for count Václav Vojtech Sternberk as his summer residence. It issued from the unfinished ground plan originated by architect G. D. Orsi. The chateau is open to the public. The main building has three wings, a ground floor and one floor over the ground level; the middle wing and the turrets on both side wings have two floors. The construction is dominated by a garden front with a monumental staircase leading to the first floor.
It was finished in 1703 and it is trimmed with sculptures from the workshops of Dresden-based artists Johan and Paul Heermann. The sculptures represent mythological topics. The interior of the chateau is richly decorated in the early Baroque style; mural paintings and plafond were done by a Dutch painter Abraham Godin, who decorated with his works mainly the great hall on